Friday 6 May 2011

APA Tutorial, 6th May 2010

Today we had another fun session at the Black Box, aka. T642 in Singapore Poly.

As usual, we started off with a fun game, which was the "Do you like your neighbours" game, same as the one we played during choir camp.

Later on, all twenty of us have to stand on six chairs (it was 11, then 8) without falling off. We were literally hugging each other as if our lives depended on it.

We later moved on to this game "Stand in the centrer if...". The earlier part was prety much okay, but I felt a little uncomfortable at the second part, but I didn't mind going along with it.

I can't specifically remember anything after that, but I do recall the "spontaneous acting" thing, where the facilitator 'stated' the scene (e.g. in teh Discipline Master's office) and two random people had to act it out. While watching this activity, I could feel the intensity of some of the roles and situations.

When I had to act it out myself, I was worried that I might not be able to improvise, but it turned out really well and it felt natural. I didn't feel like I was acting and kind of 'lost' myself in the act.

We continued on with the catching game (the same one as the week before) and this time, it felt a lot less awkward.

Then we did the Elevator game, where someone narrates and the 'models' go along with the story. I have to come up with this story as homework. It starts with "One day, I was in the Elevator..."

Aah, it was so much fun! I look forward to next week!

Jo-chan signing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment